The Crisis Communication Section’s Business Meeting will be held at the ECC2022 Thursday, October 20th, 13:30 – 14:30, 1532-122 (G2). We will also have an online zoom meeting available for those who cannot attend in person so that you can vote for our new section leadership team. We will post the address for this in our Facebook group or you can email Audra Diers-Lawson at email@example.com to be added to the list of online attendees for the meeting.
In 2022, we will elect a new leadership team — both Audra and Silvia are stepping back from their roles as Chair and Vice Chair, so we will have two new vice chairs. As we shared with the section’s members before — the section’s objective is to maintain the continuity of leadership so that as our Chairs step out of their roles, we have a Vice-Chair who moves forward into the role. This is not a rule, simply a way to organize ourselves to ensure the continued success of the section, the ECC conference, and our Crisis conference series.
Therefore, at the bottom of this post are the candidates for both section chair and vice chairs. During the business meeting we will discuss:
- The forthcoming Crisis Communication in Europe Text that many of our members are contributing to
- Crisis7 in Gothenburg — we will hear from the University of Gothenburg team about our conference in 2023.
- We will ask for formal bids for our 2025 conference. If you are interested in hosting Crisis8, please get in touch with Audra (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 10 October if you plan to submit a formal bid for consideration. If we have viable potential hosts who have submitted bids ahead of the conference, then we will ask those to make a small and informal presentation of themselves and decide on our hosts for 2025. If we do not have formal bids, then we will ask for those for the Business Meeting at Crisis7 in 2023.
- We will have our leadership election
- We will have an opportunity to share recent publications and upcoming conferences.
- Any other Business? If you have an agenda item, please let Audra (email@example.com) know by 10 October.
Each of our candidates has provided information about themselves. Each will also be asked to present themselves in about 1-2 minutes (either virtually if they are not able to attend this year’s conference) or in person during the Business Meeting. Voting will take place electronically — please be sure to have an Internet-capable device during the business meeting. The link for voting will be put up during the Business Meeting only, thus people must attend (in person or virtually) in order to vote.
Candidate For Chair
Because there is only one candidate, the vote will be for agreement that our candidate will be the section’s chair.
Dr. Florian Meissner – Germany
Candidates for Vice-Chair
Each person will vote for two of the following candidates for Vice-Chair. The two candidates with the most individual votes will be elected as Vice-Chair. The following are our candidates for Vice Chair in alphabetical order
Dr. Tony Aspriadis – University of Patras
Dr. Corina Buzoianu – National University of Political Studies and Public Administration
Dr. Daniel Vogler – University of Zurich
Dr. Yijing Wang – Erasmus University Rotterdam